Saturday 7 February 2009

Too much snow...

It's been a tough month and I haven't quite had the preparation I had hoped for coming up to Barcelona Marathon. The man flu lingered into the 2nd week of Jan and it was only 3 weeks ago that I really started training again.

I have a few decent weeks in the bag now, the run mileage has crept up to a steady 50+miles and I've picked the bike fun up.

We've seen a load of snow this week, which has hampered things a little, so the mtb has seen more action than normal. The pictures are of my ride to work on Monday!

Just 3 weeks tomorrow until Barcelona, from the point of view that I want a motivator to get the run miles in, it's worked well. In terms of running my best possible standalone marathon this isn't going to be the occasion...

It may be I end up running the race as a long training run. I'll let you know in 3 weeks.

(below: David enjoys the snow - it was fun for a day!!)




No comments: